LIGHTS! CAMERA! ACTION!
Drama Camp ~ one week
July 31 to August 4, 2017
The camera sees things differently than the human eye. Learn the ins and outs of acting for the camera by creating a short film!.
~ for ages 8 to 16 yrs
Stand by. Rolling. ACTION! Acting for the Camera introduces kids to the exciting and immediate world of acting for MOVIES AND TV. Students work with a variety of materials, scripts and scenes, learning how to relax in front of the camera and how to create characters and deliver dialogue for live recording.
• Pre-Production ( writing a script, developing plotlines, developing storylines)
• Production (scene layout, shot setup and basic cinematography)
• How to create a character (mentally, physically, vocally);
• How to shape scenes (thru-lines, arcs, rhythms, tempos);
• Voice (clarity, strength, dynamics);
• Staging and blocking for the camera (movement, flow, placement);
• Collaboration and trust (teamwork, co-operation, and effective partnering).
• Recognized Professional Faculty ~ arts industry experts who do and teach.
• Memories of a truly dynamic experience - we post the scenes/clips on our youtube channel for all to see and share!
• Indoor and outdoor experiences so the summer weather doesn't go by unnoticed!
• Students must provide their own lunches, snacks, juice/water.
• Dates: July 31 to August 4 2017 (Mon to Fri, from 9am to 4pm)
• Ages: Recommended for students 8 to 16 yrs
• Program Fee: $395 +HST
Extended Hours - BEFORE OR AFTER-CAMP CARE
Designed for campers requiring an earlier drop-off before the camp day begins or a later pick-up time after the camp day ends. Supervised quiet activities include board games, cards, puzzles, and more. Program time: 8am to 9 am Mornings and/or 4pm to 5:30pm Afternoons. Before-camp Fee is $50/week and After-camp Fee is $70/week
CAMPS FILL UP FAST ~ DON'T DELAY!!!!! ......REGISTER TODAY!!